Baumgart, Dr. Alice J.
Alice Baumgart graduated from the Vancouver General Hospital School of Nursing in 1957 and from University of British Columbia School of Nursing in 1958 and later received a Masters degree from McGill and a Ph.d. from The University of Toronto. She was Dean of Nursing at Queens University from 1977 to 1988 and 1994 to 1997. From 1988 to 1993 she served as Vice-Principal (Human Services), the first woman appointed Vice-Principal in the history of Queens. After retirement she became professor emeritus at Queens.
Baumgart is an internationally known nursing leader who has been a frequent keynote speaker at many conferences. She has published widely on nursing, including the co-editing of Canadian Nursing Faces the Future.She was known as an able and fair administrator with exemplary leadership skills. She received an honorary doctorate from UBC in 1999.
Contents of Biographical File
- Biographical notes
- Curriculum Vitae, ca. 1991
- Draft of letter from Ethel Warbinek from the 80th Anniversary Committee, 1999.
- Ten letters of support for nomination of Alice Baumgart for an honourary doctorate from the University of British Columbia.
- Correspondence related to the UBC Honourary Doctorate
- Alice Baumgart, VGH 1957, UBC BSN 1958—series of notes and list of items in RNABC/CRNBC Corporate Archives.
- Annual Spring Convocation, May 29, 2000. Doctor of Laws honoris causa awarded to Alice J. Baumgart