Next Board of Director Meeting by Zoom (all members welcome)
March 9, 2021
- Time: 4:00 pm - 6 pm
- Place: Due to Pandemic conditions this meeting will be by ZOOM
- Guest Speaker: Sarah Cook topic: "Accepted in Bella Bella: A Historical exemplar of a missionary nursing education, in British Columbia 1921-1925.”
- Note: If you are a member & wish to join the meeting please contact us with your intention through the website "contact us" [Green tab top right of this page] we will add your name & send you the link to invite you before 4pm to this Zoom meeting.
2021 Meeting Dates:
- March 9, 2021 Guest speaker: Sarah Cook "Accepted in Bella Bella"
- April 13, 2021 AGM
- June 8, 2021 Guest speaker: David Yacoubian "A History of Nursing and Humanitarianism in the Near East, 1890-1930: a synopsis of my dissertation project"
Other BCHNS Dates
There are no activities being scheduled due to the pandemic, But, we do hope to plan some short program speakers at our scheduled Board Meetings in 2021 now being held by ZOOM so watch for that!!
Save the Date (Feb 25, 12 PM): @UBCNursing Consortium for Nursing History is hosting a panel for Black History Month: Black (in)Visibility: Black Nurses in Canada who Paved the Way. Panelists: Dzifa Dordunoo, @KarenFlynnPhD, @Ismalia_S & @LydiaWytenbroek #histnursing Reg. coming! https://twitter.com/lydiawytenbroek/status/1351961506280194049?s=27
The 2021 joint meeting of the Canadian Society for the History of Medicine and the Canadian Association for the History of Nursing will be a virtual conference on June 1 & 2, 2021. Submit to Dr. Lydia Wytenbroek at [email protected] by December 10, 2020. Read more on Blog Page of this website