This section provides information on bursaries and application forms.
B.C. nurses who are members of the BC History of Nursing Society (including student members) and who are pursuing studies in historical aspects of nursing are eligible for financial assistance from the Society. The purpose of the bursary funding is to encourage undergraduate and graduate students to undertake a project or study to add to the rich heritage of nursing history.
Bursaries may be awarded twice yearly to students doing projects in history of nursing. The study can be:
- A written essay
- Preparation of nursing biographies
- Collection and documentation of oral histories of nurses
- Preparation of historical nursing materials for display and educational purposes
- Other historical research or projects involving nursing
- To view a listing of previously funded projects click here.
Successful applicants are expected to present on their work to the BCHNS.
Application forms are to be submitted in March and November. The Bursary Committee will review the applications and forward recommendations to the BC History of Nursing Society Board.