The B.C. History of Nursing Society has a membership of about 60 individuals and groups.
The majority of members are B.C. registered nurses and nursing students, but membership also includes groups, nurses, researchers, historians and nursing students from across Canada. An active membership is essential in order to meet our goals.
Membership categories are honourary, full, affiliate and student.
The Membership year is January 1 – Dec 31
- HONOURARY MEMBERSHIP is awarded to persons who have provided leadership in the identification and preservation of history of nursing materials or who have significantly contributed to the history of nursing through writing, research, or educational endeavors. Click here to read about our Honourary Members
- FULL MEMBERS must be a current RN or former nurse who was registered in B.C. $40.00
- AFFILIATE MEMBERS include interested individuals or groups who support the Society’s goals. $40.00
- STUDENT MEMBERS include those enrolled in a nursing education program or a registered nurse enrolled in a graduate program. $10.00
Benefits of Membership:
You will receive three newsletters a year, access to bursary funds, invitations to special events and an opportunity to network with others interested in preserving nursing history. All members are welcome to attend Board Meetings and participate in committee work.
Apply Today to become a member!
- NEW! Pay Online: Fill out our Easy Online Form and pay using your Credit Card or PayPal Account
- Pay by Cheque: Download our Membership PDF Form and mail it in with your cheque to the address provided