Duck, Mary Thurley (1929-1997)
See also artifact collection
Mary was born in Victoria, graduating from the Royal Jubilee Hospital School of Nursing in 1951. In 1961 she completed her post Grad course in Psychiatric Nursing at Allen Memorial Institute in Montreal, where she served as a Staff Nurse, Head Nurse and Assistant Supervisor.. From 1966-1973 she was Assistant Supervisor at the Centennial Pavilion, Vancouver General Hospital, and from 1975-1978 Building Supervisor at the Heather Pavilion, then Director of Nursing Administration at the Vancouver General Hospital. She was 24th President of RNABC.
After her retirement she moved to Shawinigan Lake, BC, where she devoted her energies to raising Dalmatians, becoming active in promoting sensible breeding.
Contents of Biographical File
- Biographical Information Profile with signed release.
- Transcripts of University Entrance Examinations, 1946 and 1947.
- St. John Ambulance Association First Aid Certificate, March 1951.
- Registered Nurse License, State of California, May 1954.
- License to Practice Nursing in the Province of Quebec, February 1960.
- Diploma from Royal Victoria Hospital, 1961.
- Microfiche of Sir George Williams College transcript, 1961.
- NLN State Board Test Pool Examinations Psychiatric Nursing Transcript, 1961.
- RNABC transcript of RN exam, undated.
- RNABC Certificate of Registration.
- Obituary, The Vancouver Sun, October 21, 1997.
- Photocopies and originals of two photographs