Roach, Julie (Sister Scholastica) (1927-2017)
- See OH156.5
Julie was born on a Saskatchewan farm, the child of immigrants from Russia. She moved to Seattle and joined the Sisters of Providence for her novitiate and served this order for 20 years as Sister Scholastica She graduated from St Paul’s Hospital School of Nursing and with a BASc(N) from UBC in 1959. Julie left the sisterhood in 1968. She spent her early nursing career at St. Paul’s Hospital. In 1968 she married and spent the remainder of her career working at the Dartmouth Regional Vocational School Nova Scotia, where she taught the LPN program for 20 years. Julie was an excellent seamstress and taught sewing classes. She is survived by her husband, James, of 49 years, a son and grandchildren.
Contents of Biographical File
- Biographical information Profile with handwritten notes
- Oral History Recording Agreement form
- Photographs: 1 b&w; 1966 St. Paul’s Hospital, OR supervisor Sr. Scholastica with
- latest heart monitoring equipment; 4 colour wedding photo 1968 and July 30, 2014.
- Note from Gloria Stephens, August 29, 2014.
- Obituary, Halifaxtoday, October 27, 2017.