Giovando, Lucille (Lucy) (1918-2015)
Lucy was born to a pioneer Ladysmith family. She graduated from the VGH School of Nursing and from UBC School of Nursing with a BASc(N) in 1941. She later obtained her Masters Degree in Public Health from the United States.
Lucy worked at a number of locations in BC, eventually becoming administrator of the nursing staff initially at public health units in North and West Vancouver, and subsequently at the public health unit, Burrard District of Vancouver.
Lucy travelled widely throughout Asia, Latin America and Morocco. In the 1950s she spent a year nursing with the World Health Organization in El Salvador. In her later years she returned to live in Ladysmith.
Contents of Biographical File
- Membership certificate in Phrateres, University of British Columbia, November 16,
- Brochure for the 27th Congregation for the Conferring of Degrees at UBC, May 14, 1942.
- Amazing Alumni Stories, UBC School of Nursing
- 3 photographs: 2 5×7 b&w graduation from UBC in folders; 1 4×6 colour.
- Vancouver Sun obituary, January 19, 2016.