Two Scholarships available to Students through CAHN/ACHN
- The Vera Roberts Endowment, which funds research and publication on the history of outpost nursing in Canada with priority to the Canadian circumpolar regions (north of 60 degrees parallel).
Here is a link to it: https://cahn-achn.ca/vera-roberts-endowment-le-fonds-vera-roberts/
- The Dr. Margaret Allemang Scholarship in Nursing History, which seeks to promote the study of Canadian nursing history among students.
Here is the link to that application/information:
A New Grant:
New Bjoring Center Grant for Historical Research on Nurse Practitioners
The Eleanor Crowder Bjoring Center for Nursing Historical Inquiry (ECBCNHI) is announcing the Advance Practice History Research Scholar Award. The goal of this research award is to disseminate scholarship regarding advance practice nursing to an international audience. By strengthening relationships and collaborations to increase access to historical scholarship, the ECBCNHI hopes to advance historical scholarship to practitioners. A donor has made a gift of $5,000. This will be a one-time award with the potential for continuation. The due date is June 1, 2019 with the intention of the recipient using the award the following academic year.
- Eligibility: Any student pursuing a Ph.D. or an established scholar. This award is not limited to nursing scholars and could include other historians of medicine and healthcare. Recipients will be asked to provide a full research proposal, including:* A concise statement of research they wish to conduct
* A narrative describing the project placed within the context of the present state of historical knowledge, including background, sources and appropriate citations
* Identification of resources to be utilized
* An itemized budget detailing the ways they will be using the research funds
* A current CV 4.Proposals and supporting materials will be received by ECBCNHI and distributed to each of the Review
Committee Members by the late spring date determined.The recipient must agree to provide a research presentation after the proposed project is complete to selected faculty (donor included if desired). In addition, they must produce submission-ready paper for publication and thank you letter for the donor.
Deadline: June 1, 2019
Submit to: Barb Wall at [email protected]