Wynne, (nee Donald) Elizabeth Jean (1934-
- See Oral History files Fonds 18, Series 3, Subseries 8, AU0H35
Betty graduated from VGH in 1956 and with a BSN from UBC in 1957. From 1978 to 1981, she took her Master’s of Science in Health Services Planning. She worked mostly as a Public Health Nurse for the City of Vancouver and the Simon Fraser Health Unit, which gave her great career satisfaction. Professional and community involvement included 25 years on the St. Mary’s Hospital Board where she chaired and participated in numerous committees. She states that this broadened her appreciation of health care delivery beyond the community level.
Contents of Biographical File
- Biographical Information Profile
- Amazing Alumni Stories, UBC School of Nursing
- . “Top Nurse Wanted to Be a Stenographer”. Article on Wynne as BC’s top nursing graduate of 1956.
- Cover page and abstract for Wynne’s thesis, “Evaluation of Scoliosis Screening at Simon Fraser Health District” 1981).
- “Scoliosis: To Screen or Not to Screen”, Canadian Journal of Public Health 75 (July/August 1984), 277-180.
- Graduation photograph