Schnurr (nee Sabourin), Therese M. (1926-2016)
- See OH165
Therese Sabourin grew up in Ottawa, becoming a member of the Sisters of Providence in 1948. She attended St. Paul’s Hospital School of Nursing in Vancouver, graduating in 1956. She later received her BA from Seattle University and her Master’s from the University of Washington. She worked at a number of hospitals in Western Canada, retiring from Chilliwack General Hospital in 1988. She served as the Director of Nursing Services for RNABC.
Therese reflected on the history of nursing during her career as a process of nurses gradually gaining more respect, for which she considered education to be key. She was a member of a number of committees and professional organizations which she felt had given her a broader view of nursing and the factors influencing decision-making.
Contents of Biographical File
- Biographical Information Profile
- Biographical release form
- “Profile”, RNABC News (1970), p. 13.
- [Nomination information], The Canadian Nurse, April 1976, p. 29. Later information
- with no source, but probably from The Canadian Nurse.