Petch (nee Clunas), E.L. Ruth (1925-
After completing high school in 1943, Ruth took a nine-month course at the Infant Hospital on Haro Street to be a Nursery Aide. She took her nursing training at St. Paul’s Hospital from 1948 to 1950, and after brief employment at St. Paul’s and the Shaughnessy Veterans Hospital, moved to Kelowna to work at Kelowna General.
Subsequently, she took her public health certificate from UBC, and worked out of Kamloops and then the Gulf Islands. Much of her work was in the schools and at baby clinics. She also dealt with community problems and supervised the control of contagious diseases such as tuberculosis.
Contents of Biographical File
- Biographical Information Profile