Pediatric Nurses’ Group
The Pediatric Nurses’ Group (PNG) was formed by members of the Registered Nurses Association of British Columbia (RNABC) and interested nursing students on November 9th, 1982. It operated as a professional practice group under the auspices of the RNABC, currently known as the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
The mission of the PNG was to:
- Establish standards of practice;
- Provide information on continued educational resources;
- Research into pediatric nursing care;
- Act as advocates about the health care needs of children and their families
- The PNG dissolved in 2004.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of two boxes of records dating from 1982 to 2004. These include copies of by-laws, descriptions of executive roles, newsletters, and other administrative records. Minutes of meetings and financial reports that include ledgers and budgets document the activities of the organization. Correspondence consists of both general communications and correspondence related to the PNG bursary fund. Membership lists and other materials are included, as are materials related to the various conferences hosted by the Pediatric Nurses’ Group.
- No restrictions apply.
- A finding aid is available